Hi, y’all! This week’s newsletter features a new plugin for Github issues, a new guide for customizing icons in your instance, and a milestone for converting discovery processors into entity providers.
Back in March, the team launched an initiative to convert the existing Discovery Processors to Entity Providers, so they’d be able to issue immediate deletions and have more granular control of the update intervals. The last piece was merged last week. Very exciting to see the community at work! These are the converted processors:
- AwsS3EntityProvider, contributed by pjungermann.
- GithubEntityProvider, contributed by brentg-telus.
- GitlabDiscoveryEntityProvider, contributed by ivangonzalezacuna.
- BitbucketCloudEntityProvider, contributed by pjungermann.
- AzureDevOpsEntityProvider, contributed by goenning.
Using managed Backstage lets you focus on building value for your team. Try out Roadie Backstage for free.
Thanks to mrwolny, you can now display Github issues in entity pages to reduce context shifting. For teams and users, the plugin will show the issues assigned to them. For components and APIs, the plugin will bring up the issues to their associated repo.
For more information, check out the plugin’s README.
Before saying good bye, I want to welcome Isaac to the community as the most recent adopter!
Talk to you next week!