What is the company's mission? 🤔
Roadie helps companies manage their internal services by making it easy to adopt Backstage. Backstage is a service catalog which was created inside Spotify and has been battle-tested in production since 2016. Every day, thousands of Spotify employees use Backstage to do critical development and operations work.
We are a talented group of engineers who experienced the problems of service sprawl first-hand and decided that there is a better way. By unlocking the power of Backstage, we can make software development easier, faster and more enjoyable.
What does my day to day look like? 📅
- As one of our engineers you will build out a scalable, secure and highly available solution built on the cloud (currently AWS) that will host Backstage for our customers.
- You will build new product features from start to finish: through conception, research, maintenance, operation, and polish.
- You get to collaborate with kind, talented engineers that used to work in Spotify and Workday.
What skills would we like to see? ✨
- 2 years or more working in a similar role.
- Proficiency in a high level programming language.
- Familiarity with a cloud platform (AWS, GCP, etc.).
- Experience operating highly available and highly secure systems.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience as a user of any Infrastructure as code tool (terraform, Chef, Puppet, etc.).
- A college degree is NOT required.
- You're excited to learn and apply new technical skills. Bonus: You share your enthusiasm with the world.
- Bonus: Worked with AWS EKS.
- Bonus: Have Pulumi or Terraform experience.
What is the offer? 💙
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing venture-backed start-up
- We offer a competitive salary based on experience
- We provide a meaningful stock options package
- 27 days paid time off
- Working remotely flexible working arrangements.
What is the process? 📖
All applicants will receive a response within 3 days. We can't always be perfect, but we can be quick.
- Application via Typeform. Click the big button below!
- Meet with the engineering manager, to see if we're a mutual fit.
- Technical assessment which is broken up into two parts, a programming part and a system design part.
- Culture-add interview
- Meet the founder.
- Yes/No decision.