Roadie helps companies manage their internal services by making it easy to adopt Backstage. Backstage is a service catalog which was created inside Spotify and has been battle-tested in production since 2016. Every day, thousands of Spotify employees use Backstage to do critical development and operations work.
We are a talented group of engineers who experienced the problems of service sprawl first-hand and decided that there is a better way. By unlocking the power of Backstage, we can make software development easier, faster and more enjoyable.
- First engineering manager role at an early stage, well-funded startup.
- Set the tone of Roadie's engineering organization for the next 5+ years.
- Work closely with the Backstage core-team and other contributors on a highly visible open source project.
- Manage and enable a high-performance team of ex-Workday, Spotify and Weaveworks engineers.
- Get stuck-in with customers and the broader community to solve problems, deliver value and gather feedback.
- At least 1 year of experience as an engineering manager.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Great spoken and written communication skills, effective with business and technical audiences.
- Servant leader who motivates others by creating a climate in which people are able to do their best work.
- You care about the business implications of anything you build. You're not just going after cool stuff — you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer or equivalent role.
- Bonus: experience with cloud-native architectures.
- You should be located within the timezone band: UTC-1 to UTC+2
- A college degree is NOT required.
- $80,000 to $110,000 base salary or equivalent in your currency (adjusted for local cost of living).
- 0.25% to 1% stock options.
- 27 days paid time off.
- Work remotely with flexible working hours.
All applicants will receive a response within 3 days. We can't always be perfect, but we can be quick.
- Application via Typeform. Click the big button below!
- Meet with Roadie's founder, to see if we're a mutual fit.
- Management skills assessment
- Technical assessment.
- Culture add assessment.
- Yes/No decision.