Roadie helps companies manage their internal services by making it easy to adopt Backstage. Backstage is a service catalog which was created inside Spotify and has been battle-tested in production since 2016. Every day, thousands of Spotify employees use Backstage to do critical development and operations work.
We are a talented group of engineers who experienced the problems of service sprawl first-hand and decided that there is a better way. By unlocking the power of Backstage, we can make software development easier, faster and more enjoyable.
- Founding engineer at an early stage, VC-backed startup.
- Architect and build a foundational software stack from almost nothing.
- You'll build new product features from start to finish: through conception, research, maintenance, operation, and polish.
- Set the tone of Roadie's engineering organization for the next 5+ years. Influence the roadmap from an early stage.
- Contribute back to the open-source platform that Roadie is built on.
- Get stuck-in with customers, investors, and the broader community to gather feedback and help your work gain widespread adoption.
- You've built and maintained codebases that have operated at high-scale.
- You can readily learn most technologies as you go. To you, technologies are tools and trade-offs, not an ideology.
- You care about the business implications of anything you build. You're not just going after cool stuff — you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- You like to work iteratively and in small chunks. Roadie is moving fast while searching for product market fit. In the short term, done is better than perfect.
- You've spent meaningful time as a senior engineer or tech lead.
- Bonus: You're fluent with Go or Kotlin and cloud-native technologies.
- You should be located within the timezone band: UTC-1 to UTC+2
- A college degree is NOT required.
- $80,000 to $100,000 base salary (or equivalent in your currency).
- 0.25% to 1.25% stock options
- 27 days paid time off
- Work remotely. Choose your own hours.
- Happy to support relocation to Ireland under the critical skills VISA program.
All applicants will receive a response within 3 days. We can't always be perfect, but we can be quick.
- Application via Typeform. Click the big button below!
- Meet with Roadie's founder, to see if we're a mutual fit.
- Technical assessment.
- Culture fit assessment.
- Yes/No decision.